Sayali is a mixed media artist, aesthete and storyteller, inspired by nature and the cosmos. Her works resonate with abstract expressionism.
brand and aesthetic development
includes conceptual thinking, mood boarding, color boarding, brand artistic direction, creating uniformity in visual language, brand naming and brand story.
sustainable sourcing and curating
includes buying authentic crafts from craftspeople/designers in India for small-sized independent boutiques/ pop-ups and e-businesses + curating thematic collections.
collection direction and trend forecasting
includes market and design research, trend forecasting, colour boards, fabric boards, silhouette suggestions.
includes curating independent small scale art shows/ brand events ( concept, installation, space, experience).
research and documentation, specialises in creative interviews and space photography
design/ conceptualise collaterals
includes creating a template-based website for artistic representation + print and other digital collaterals for small-sized businesses/ artists + concept books and zines for brands/artists.
art direction, photoshoot and styling
includes identifying a theme/ inspiration/ story, sourcing materials, location scouting, talent scouting, photography, and styling, curating photos to create a story.
instagram takeovers/ curating campaigns
includes identifying concepts based on goals, curating a visual language and community.
small business mentoring
includes guiding creative entrepreneurs in all aspects of creative businesses. these are organized sessions addressing particular goals.
Experiences and Education
includes working with materials and mediums for creative expression, mindful journaling as well as activities involving music and movement for therapy.
curating a cultural itinerary in India for designers and artists around the world
includes tailoring an itinerary for creatives around the world who wish to explore India’s creative industry, design neighbourhoods, meet artists and designers, visit craft makers and support indie local businesses.
design and culture lectures for students
includes a series of lectures designed for university/ college students to support their existing courses with cultural understanding. it includes walking tours, group activities, colour exercises, mood boarding, concept development, case study etc.
bespoke cultural day experience in delhi
includes travelling with me for a day in the capital city and experiencing local cafes, street art, shopping for indie brands, architecture, museums and galleries and conversations!
- Certificate: Mentor in creative practices ( 2012)
- Certificate: Expressive Art Therapy ( 2017)
- Creative Resident at Zorba the Buddha ( 2015)
- Completed Workshops in Creative entrepreneurship at City Business Library, London ( 2012)
- MOMA e course in Contemporary – Abstract Art and Education ( 2020)
- Conducted a 5- day Creative Cultural Workshop with intermediate undergraduate design students at Pearl Academy, Delhi (2020)
- Mentor for LCC Students at UAL (2020)
- Volunteer- Arts and Crafts Summer Workshop for Primary Students ( 2006)
- Workshop led design education at International Gemological laboratories and Institute, Delhi ( 2013)
- Beginner’s: Healing self with Reiki (2018)
- Kundalini Meditation and Bio-danza ( 2015)
- 11 day Vipassana ( silent retreat) (2018)
- Completed a 5 day holistic wellness ( Ayurveda and Yoga) retreat at Vana ( 2018)
- Completed Meditation and Pottery Workshop at Shilaroo ( 2018)